School Site Licence
Clear | Concise | Student-friendly
5 reasons to choose our ebooks
Our site has many advantages over similar ebook providers:
1. Interactive Content. Some major publishers are still releasing their ebooks as a PDF version of their paperback version.
Our version has videos, interactivity including self assessment, and animation. Science is a visual subject, and often a carefully selected short video is the best way to explain the concept.
Example questions with hidden, worked solutions, changable content depending on level of entry, and an easy to use hyperlinked navigation block make the book really easy to use.
Why settle for PDF textbooks when you can have interactive pages on-line?
2. Cost effective. A website based book does not need constant maintenance, so why should schools pay the same price as a printed textbook? Teachers are used to maintain the site content, not publishers. Images and artwork have been sourced from free libraries to keep costs down. The site licence is therefore extremely competitively priced.
3. No class lists needed. Some of our competitors such as Kognity and Educake require class lists from schools. This makes registration difficult and time consuming. It is a real problem when students change classes. Why not get students to identify the class they are in? That takes care of class switches. Teachers simply login to gradegorilla.com and edit the school information so that classes and teachers are indicated on questions in the book. That's it!
4. Self-marking formative assessments. Our books are linked to the graded questions on our sister site Grade Gorilla. When students finish a textbook section, self-marking questions give them instant feedback, and schools can see progress as well as content in need of review based on performance across other schools.
5. Access to all levels. With a school site licence, all students at your school get unlimited access to all book types on the site. This means that it is not an issue if a student switch from triple science to double science, or higher to foundation tier for AQA, they simply click on the alternative book or tier. Pages will self-adjust and content is added or removed accordingly. No need to read unnecessary content!
Why are there no banks of long questions?
Please note that our books are intended to be concise and student-friendly. They provide exactly what students need to know, direct from the syllabus, and content is written by practising teachers. We also expect our site to be used as a high quality review and practise resource, the ideal companion to support lessons in school. The books are perfect for cover lessons where a simple concise explanation followed by self-marking questions can check on student understanding.
Our books are not intended as a teacher guide or lesson-by-lesson course. We do not give full lists of possible class activities or pages of non-examined additional information (use google!). Although we cover the core practicals, teachers can access additional / alternative practicals and practice exam questions elsewhere, often direct from the exam boards without charge. (e.g. Edexcel's Exam Wizard). Hence long practice questions are not included, keeping our books affordable for all.
How does the site work for schools?
These textbooks are intended to be a companion to questions on www.gradegorilla.com - a free revision questions site, popular and well established. Schools manage class lists and teacher names on www.gradegorilla.com. The textbooks are on this site - GGebooks.com, and this needs a paid account for student access. If you already have a gradegorilla account, then this is easy!
Chapter 2 has free access in all our Physics books - try it out here!
Only 159 GB pounds for a 1 yr licence.
Includes a Grade Gorilla Premium account worth 99 GBP